Saturday, October 9, 2010

Breakfast With My Boo


One of my favorite things about Saturdays is that my boo and I get to have breakfast together. During the week I have class at 8 a.m. four of the days and Amy has class at 8 a.m. the one day that I don't have an 8 a.m. class. So most of the mornings consist of a quick breakfast...either a bagel with cream cheese, maybe toast and eggs, but never anything more than that. Most of the mornings we go for no breakfast because of my sweet Food Service benefits which gets me a bagel, coffee, a piece of fruit, and chocolate milk at school. I go for that option a lot because it saves us money and gets me more sleep in the morning.

Anyways, so this morning I got to make breakfast for my boo. On the menu was: Vanilla Banana Waffles, Brown 'n Serve Sausage, OJ, and coffee. I think these things are my four favorite breakfast items besides omelets. I'm still trying to master the omelet and haven't quite come up with the perfect recipe or skills to make a great omelet. But back to this morning's breakfast...waffles...these were an ode to Waffle Wednesdays with my little brother Timmy. Most Wednesdays Timmy would have like 3.5 minutes to make waffles even though he had a late start day at school. But I put a little dash of vanilla, mashed some bananas and put them into our $1 Waffle & Pancake Mix. They were good. Secondly, the Brown 'n Serve Sausage. I think I love these because I grew up eating bacon. I still think bacon is great and would eat bacon all the time, but for some reason I was deprived of sausage at home growing up (Kind of like why I'm really into crunchy peanut butter right now, because we only had smooth peanut butter at home growing up). So Amy, being the wonderful wife that she is, buys sausage at the store for our breakfasts together. Third, OJ...Orange Juice...only kind of watered down OJ and not completely watered down OJ. Amy and I got a really big juice pitcher and for whatever reason, Amy felt that we needed to fill the whole thing up even though we only put in one thing of frozen OJ. Anyways, this morning's OJ was good and we no longer fill the whole pitcher up with water. Lastly, we had coffee. There's not much to say about the coffee except that I put half and half in my coffee this morning, which reminds me of when my mother-in-law and father-in-law came to visit Amy and I at school (although, they were not my in-laws at the time)...


So Bob and Lynne were in Chicago for a few days getting to see Moody etc...and this one morning we stopped by Starbucks underneath the train station at Chicago Brown Line. I think we all went for the cheap and easy drip coffee and headed for the milk, cream, sugar bar. Now, I don't know Bob that well, but am getting to know him...I think we first talked about wedding stuff that weekend and so I was at the nervous/scared state still, but I learned that morning that Bob loves Half and Half. He was really excited about the Half and Half. I think he said something like this, "Oh, I love Half and Half. I always put Half and Half in my coffee. Its my favorite." I kind of chuckled and affirmed that I too love Half and Half and consider it the best additive to coffee. I remember Amy telling me that he gets stuck on things like that, which I thought was pretty funny because I get stuck on stuff like that. Anyways, good story, huh?
Hey Bob, I put Half and Half in my coffee this morning.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know if you even check these...but I"m commenting. two things:

    1. Amy Allen ahs officially become my secondary beneficiary should I kick the bucket...you get all my worldly possessions. i know. priviledge.

    2. this post made me cry a little. not sure why. i think I really like the story at the end and miss you guys and breakfast makes me think of you both. <3

    ReplyDelete