Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Project Land continued...

 Well, back to project land. Jeremy and I went to town on our four day weekend and we worked and got a lot done. Who knew painting such a small space would take so much time!
This is me to the right painting our kitchen walls, martha stewart sea glass green. It's so bright we love how it turned out. 








 There's the project man himself (such a good husband doing all my little projects with me) He's painting the big wall that leads into the closet a light gray, it turned out real good too.
 I just put this one up because he's so stinking cute. :)
 Also one of our updates was a peg board for some good closet organization. It's so perfect and it's cute. I'd been pinning after one for a while and now thanks to my very handy man husband I have one hung and functional too.
 There's me with some paint in my hair painting our shelves and the hardware attached. we didn't remove them from the wall because we were afraid we wouldn't be able to put them back in with the plaster behind it... so tricky. File cabinet white for the shelves and a my own mixture of acrylic paint for the hardware to make a nice green. 

There's the final product... well a work in progress. Now that the paint is up my mind goes running with ideas. the water pitcher to the left is a new thrift store addition. I want to add some red and things like the rustic water pitcher look... I'm sure you all care so much about my random house decorations, probably have the same look on your face that jeremy does when I talk about these things to him. He's such a good sport. 

 Ok so super excited for this addition. Been Thinking up this one for a while. Ever since I saw some fruit crates staked up at the farmers market like this it triggered the idea to make a night stand out of it. We don't really have a big enough space for a real night stand so we hammered two wood crates together. It fits quite a bit of books which works out pretty nice for us being students and all.
 I stenciled in some numbers and a big letter A down the side, just to give it some style. You can't see it but on the top of the upper crate I painted a big number 17 in typwriter stencil.If you don't already know that was Jeremy's number in water polo. I got major brownie points for that one :)
 This is also a new addition and a work in progress (still putting new additions inside to add to the style of it) It was a cd shelf we found at a thrift store. There's a perfect place for it in the corner by our bed and the window. It fits a lot of books once we moved the shelves around, and a few tea lights inside the tea cups add to the mood ( you know, we're newly weds, don't judge us)
 There's the final product. Newly painted desk as well, all it needs now is new hardware (via anthropology) and for it to be sanded down to antiqued perfection.

There's our new couch! Thrift stored that one too and we love it. We bought some cleaner and borrowed a vacuum from the Pine's and now it's as good as new. 





There are many more home improvement projects to come so stay tuned. Next on the list picture frames! we have very blank walls at this point. 
we love our new apartment more and more. It definitely feels like home now. I really look forward to being here with Jeremy at the end of the day. It's really relaxing and has been so much fun to do all these projects together. Studio apartment life is the life if you ask me.

4 comments:

  1. love it love it love it.
    missing my allen's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok a couple of things...I kept wondering why you had A's everywhere. I thought it was a little wierd and selfish of you to put your first initial all over your apartment...then I remembered YOUR last name was Allen. Now I get it.

    Also the converted cd shelf...very cute. But when your Dad sees it the first thing he will say is, "don't burn the place down lighting candles in there!" Just a thought.

    Love the apartment and I think you are right, that couch does match my furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spandex... it looks so cute! we have some crates like that too : ) I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad god the thank you card you sent to my place in Ventura and he sent me the link to the blog. Your place looks great! Glad everything is going well.

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete