Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Food Network by the Allens

I've decided that I really like cooking. We were having fish tacos this night. I can't say I've perfected them yet but we're going to try it out again sometime. 

The home improvments are still in action. Just last weekend I went and bought some fabric from Joanne's and made pillow covers for these two couch cushions that Emily Pine stole for me :). I'm sitting on one in the picture and the grey one is to the left. They're super good for when we have people over because we have limited places for people to sit. We tried them out on some friends last Saturday night when we had like 10 guys from Colby 12 over for dessert and games. It was fun and we all fit surprisingly. 
The table that we're eating off of we found outside our door. It sat there for about three days until we decided it was no ones and that they wanted us to have it. We don't think we'll keep it. It's not really practical for our space. we think we need a fold out table instead, but only for when people come over because otherwise we just eat at the bar on our sweet tractor seat barstools!
Jenny's Mashed Potatoes, yummy!
I had to throw a picture of this in here. It's Jenny Allen's recipe for mash potatoes and since I got my kitchen aid mixer (awesome! Thanks unlce Tim!) I decided I would try them. And even more significant is this is one of my favorite dishes that my mom bought me as a shower gift. It looked good and tasted good. Our trashcan in the background is super delicious looking also. 


I've been using the cookbook that Jenny and Jacque Fuller made me practically every night. I've even dug into the recipe box that I recieved at my shower in ventura a couple times. I have the box displayed in my kitchen (no picture, sorry) because it's such a cute box that Heidi Shorts actually gave me out of her own kitchen :) Needless to say I love my kitchen! All our friends are betting that Jeremy is going to get fat because everytime they come over I'm baking (usually ruining something) but he tends to think it still tastes good. 

We miss you all very much! And if you want a skype date all you have to do is ask! We love them especially when the picture is so dark you can hardly see them and my dad keeps making wierd faces at himself because he's so distracted by the little picture box of himself on the screen...
Jeremy is going to post soon about our awesome date to the Cubs game, but he's been a little distracted translating the bible from greek to english. I happen to have more time because us counseling majors tend to just discuss people's feelings, not much homework involved in that. 
Adios!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about begging you to blog some more when I logged on and you had already done it. Thanks! And it was really fun skyping the other night even if Dad was making funny faces.

    I noticed you inspired Katy and Tyler to blog and they write almost everyday. But I guess even counseling majors have SOME homework.

    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep trying to comment on your blog, but i'm apparently doing something really wrong, because i keep getting kicked out! so, i'll try again...i am enjoying your blog, you cute couple you, and i love how you are creatively building your home and your new life...the homeyness (sp?) is so evident:) oh, and i'm trying to figure out how to change my name from mom to heidi because i am clearly not mom leih or mom allen! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! i did it! i am not a complete technoidiot, just a partial one:)

    ReplyDelete