Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Second Month-a-versary!

              

 On Saturday, September 25 Amy and I celebrated our 2nd Month-a-versary (8 weeks of marriage...crazy, I know). So we decided to celebrate with a little bit of fun. After thoroughly cleaning the house and washing all the laundry (we're trying to only do laundry every two weeks...its expensive), we got dressed up...Amy looking super cute in some Amy outfit and me in none other than jeans, vans, and a gray t-shirt. We walked a couple blocks west of our apartment to State Street, where everything was hoppin'. Not really, but we meandered our way into Anthropologie, where Amy was diagnosed with house project ADHD. I resorted to reading the cookbooks. Although, I guess this would be inappropriate to share on the internet I do actually like Anthropologie. I think one of the reasons why I like it is because everything is so expensive (ask Amy about the $198 grocery cart she wanted to buy from there) and we'll probably never buy anything. After an hour in the store we decided that it was time to eat. Our restaurant of choice was Big Bowl, a nice Asian food restaurant. Although it was a little bit overpriced, Amy and I had a good dinner together with authentic pomegranate ginger ale (with real ginger ale), gyoza a.k.a potstickers, kung fu chicken with noodles and teriyaki shrimp fried rice. It was rather delicious.

Instead of choosing dessert at the restaurant we went for the homemade dessert with a movie. We stopped by Jewel on the way home and picked up some chocolate chips and got "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" from Redbox.

The movie was okay...not the greatest plot or story development, but it did have some pretty good lines. The cookies were better though. Amy has jumped leaps in bounds in her cookie make skills. I think it was a combination of figuring out the oven and figuring out the exact amount of flower. I was really happy because the cookie jar, even after our date, was all filled up. Speaking of which, a cookie sounds really good right now.

2 comments:

  1. hey... you wanna send me some of those cookies?? Ir better yet when you come back here to your old home you should make me some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookie making skills are important. :)
    Louise

    ReplyDelete