Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

Once upon a time there was a boy, his name was Jeremy. He got himself a new wife, her name was Amy, and then they moved into a shoe box. So you ask, were they little people? No, they were big people with little wallets. That is why they are two pods in a pea... pea size apartment, pod size people.

Welcome to your new home!









This is the hallway to our new home. Looks cozy right? They're doing some construction in all the hallways in order to upgrade the building. We're trying to look at it as a good thing. Someday it will look much nicer we hope. :)











Moving in was a lot of hard work especially when you don't own a thing. I don't know how many trips we took to target but I think the cashiers probably know our firsts names by now. It was so much fun to decide where things would go and how we wanted them to look. Now our pea size apartment is a our little home and actually we're quite fond of it. It's kind of like our little baby. It's still a work in progress but that's the best part! Now the only problem is I can't seem to find my way out of all the wonderful Chicago antique shops and thrift stores, they make my brain sizzle with ideas, I believe a home is a project that is never ending. 

 
There's me in our new and empty home. So much potential!
Closet, he's in shock!
There's Jeremy in our kitchen. Doesn't he look like a giant compared to our stove. I think it was originally for little people. And there he is in our closet. Our closet could almost be another room it's so big, we love it, it actually fits all of our stuff... mostly. 

And there's me in our bathroom. It's little but we can both fit in there at the same time so it works. Upside Jeremy's knees don't hit the wall when he sits on the toilet! yA!
what a stud!




working so hard













The final (and I mean that in the loose sense) product turned out pretty stinkin' good if I do say so myself. We love it, and think that it fits us perfectly!

Kitchen
Closet





We were given this dresser for free!!













Bathroom
Jeremy's favorite addition, the shower head


The Greek study station...
  





















Jeremy was super excited about our desk space. 
He loves homework I guess :) We definately scored 
in this area though. We bought a cheapy desk from 
walmart then we bought a 2 dollar cart that fits 
really well underneath it for paper and such then
just as an extra bonus Jeremy found a large three 
drawer night stand that we're using next to the desk
just for extra space. It definitely passes the 
Jeremy Allen test.

That pretty much summarizes our new home and the events
surrounding it. We're so excited for how it will look in 
the future and are grateful for how God has already blessed
us to have such a great place to call home for at least the
next year... the options are endless although I'm sure Jeremy
might appreciate me taking it easy on all the home improvment
ideas for a little while :)
Love you guys!
 

3 comments:

  1. Jake just told me about your blog and I am VERY excited for it! Such a fun way to keep everyone updated on your newly married life. Love the apartment by the way!!!! You guys did a great job! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog...love the apartment. Can't wait to see it in person. Oh, and I'm glad Jenny mentioned wanting to see the bed cause I do too!
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an excellent blogger, Amy! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete